So what's the truth about lead-free solder ? - Page 7

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

in

Hankies are a disgusting way of speading germs.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

No they're not. It's better than sneezing all over a lift full of people, or
standing there sniffing a dripping stream of snot repeatedly back up your
nose, or wiping it on the back of your hand like anyone under the age of 40
does now ...

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

It seems you misunderstood me. I use disposable tissues in place of 'hankies'.

The idea of a piece of cloth that one uses many times to collect ever more germs
is plain disgusting. The idea of offering it to someone else begs belief.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Surely it's better to keep your own germs to yourself on your own hanky in
your own pocket, until such time as you commit it to the washing machine,
where the nasty little buggers will be purged? You can't reinfect yourself
when you have a cold or whatever, it just runs its course.IMHO, it's dumping
your germs into the public domain where they can infect others, by way of a
'disposable' tissue, that ranks as disgusting ... :-\

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Tsk. Use disposable handkerchiefs. http://tinyurl.com/3s8oo

--
"Liberals used to be the ones who argued that sending U.S. troops abroad
was a small price to pay to stop genocide; now they argue that genocide

  If you go digging in a waste bin, you deserve a disease.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

I don't dispose of them in public.

Having a fresh tissue to hand has proven to be handy many many times, not least
since you *can* offer one to someone else.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

So, if you don't dispose of them in public, what *do* you do with them ? Put
them back in your pocket, perhaps ? Sounds like a normal hanky to me ...
;-)

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:46:52 +0100, Eeyore

 The first series of 10k rpm drives from them had serious thermal issues,
and if you were a "cram it in and go" idiot (I have no doubt you were),
and did not know what installation considerations were needed, it was
surely destined to fail.

  The newer 10k rpm designs are far more forgiving of idiots like you.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

in

Do, do tell what a "cram it in and go" idiot is.

FYI we installed them in external enclosures similar to the ones that came from
Avid.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Aha ! So you are comparing wide bandwidth high bit rate satellite
transmissions, displayed on your high res PC screen, with an analogue PAL
signal. That is not quite the same as a low bit rate highly compressed
digital terrestrial transmission, displayed on an ordinary household TV set.
I do not have an issue with a setup such as yours producing comparable - or
even possibly superior in some instances - subjectively viewed pictures. But
that was not the comparison that I was making, when I voiced the opinion
that the digital pictures ( now being foisted on the public via the
terrestrial TV transmission network ) did not compare to the analogue PAL
pictures that we have been used to.

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On a sunny day (Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:01:51 GMT) it happened "Arfa Daily"

That makes no sense, terrestial digital, here where I am, uses the SAME bandwith
as satellite.
An HOW can you compare the 2 things if you watch both on the same set?
Of course it will be worse, now you have the problems of BOTH, minus
the advantages of digital.
As I stated before: Buy a good digital setup.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

See my response ref my friend's 'good digital setup'

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Really? Could I have a model number and manufacturer? Every source I've
seen says that to date there is absolutely no such thing in existence,
and is pessimistic about the appearance of such before the deadline
and/or at a price anywhere near the ridiculously low projections for
price of such items.

--
"Liberals used to be the ones who argued that sending U.S. troops abroad
was a small price to pay to stop genocide; now they argue that genocide
Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

  US Digital.  WalMart. Made by Hisense, model DB-2010. ($200) Broadcast
only, NOT capable of the cable format. Ready for a single antenna,
multi-channel subscriber reception planned for the future in some cities.

  It has been out for over two years now, and it looks amazing on an old
standard set, not to mention on an actual HD set.

  Broadcast digital reception is flawless, and should be the standard...
Oooops...  to late...  It is!

 It has component out and composite, and SVHS.

 Two channel audio only.

  Great reception with either a standard set top antenna or a
preamplified unit, not to mention a rooftop job.

  The "several" remark was just an assumption, but one would think that
others would include such a feature in their units.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Thanks. I'll have to take a look.

HDTV sucks, at least the little I've seen. The artifacts are too distracting
for me to watch the picture. When you can get a camera to stand still while
focused on a still object, so the compression isn't blurring everything,
there's improvement in sharpness and no snow and, if you're lucky, a
minimum of aliasing. When you get off the still life and start watching
conventional programming, the picture goes to hell. I watched a bit of a
football game while sitting in a furniture store and got a headache from
seeing the crowd go into and out of focus.

Wouldn't do me any good. I couldn't get a permit for the fifty-foot tower
I couldn't afford to put up. Far too many buildings between me and the
transmitting antennas at Sears Tower.

--
"Liberals used to be the ones who argued that sending U.S. troops abroad
was a small price to pay to stop genocide; now they argue that genocide
Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

 Not here. I can watch the football game, and I can tell exactly how many
grams of grass is contained in the grass stain the guy just got crammed
into his jersey from the tackle he just got nailed with!

 Nice out here...  where are you?

  Then, there is plain digital, not HD, but digital nonetheless.  Far
batter than cable, and flawless, like you are in the studio looking at a
reference monitor stuff!

 I watched two seasons of "Lost" in full digital, HD.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Clearly you have no taste.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 04:16:02 +0100, Eeyore

  Clearly, you are as retarded as I have always said you are.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

So you think a stupid TV show is the cat's whiskers ?

FYI, I did briefly watch 'Lost' purely because it was highly hyped on UK's
Channel 4 (which once had a good record for decent drama).

I have barely (never ?) seen such an utterly worthless US programme ever. It's
so detached from reality that I wonder if Americans have even the tiniest clue
about the world that exists around them.

Graham

Site Timeline