So what's the truth about lead-free solder ? - Page 5

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:40:34 +0100, Eeyore

 I know what the source is, you stupid fuck.

  You bring shame to it.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

   Stiff wire brush and lye soap?   AKA "GI Shower"?

prove it.
Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On 7/30/07 8:14 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net, "Michael A.

Stiff bristle.  Yes.  I wanted to see if the brainless one knew more than
his grade.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:14:56 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

  The brush I'd use on you involves really fast moving pieces of lead.

  I could easily "brush" away that jaw pain I hope you are feeling deeply
right now.  It would be nice if your retarded buddy was standing in line
so that I could perform two brush jobs with one spray of my lead brush.

  Consider that an offer to have a brush with the facts of life, as you
are so obviously ill informed in the realm.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

[...]

I'd smack him, but shit splatters.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On 7/30/07 8:35 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

:)   good one.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

  Never made any such claim.

 For one thing, I know that it is an aptitude test, not a "smarts test".

 Your aptitude hovers near nil.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

that's thoughtful of you.
He has pumped himself so full of it that it would splatter everywhere
if you burst his self-inflated bubble.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

   Come on!  The 'Silly Rabbit' is nothing more than a nervous little
Chihuahua on Cappuccino yapping his fool head off.  His mother had the
good sense to sell him to the circus for a quarter the day after he was
hatched.

prove it.
Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:52:20 GMT, Jan Panteltje

 Frame captures, and small clips are part of what IS legal.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On a sunny day (Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:43:58 -0700) it happened Spurious Response

They are suing somebody for a youtube (or the like) clip, person had thier
toddler dancing to music from Prince playing on a TV in the background.

Hollywood has gone nuts, probably full of rabits too.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Even given the current copyright laws, I would think that any chance of
successfully prosecuting a ludicrously ridiculous case such as you cite, is
slim to zero ...

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On a sunny day (Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:52:06 GMT) it happened "Arfa Daily"

They succeeded in having the clip removed from the internet.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

But that's not the same as prosecuting the person for an innocent act. If
you are going to start getting as pedantic as that, then you are going to
have to start prosecuting people for having their iPods on too loud, and
'broadcasting' illegally to the general public surrounding them on the train
or wherever. I am actually surprised that Prince, or even his record or
publicity company, would have engaged in this piece of negativity, given
that his latest ( soon to be for sale at full price ) album was given away
for free over here in one of the Sunday newspapers two weeks ago ...

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On a sunny day (Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:04:07 GMT) it happened "Arfa Daily"

Yes, I am no lawyer and do not know the exact details,
but this was in the news.
I think those record companies are represented by some organisation of sharks
that claims trillions are lost each year from illegal copies and in
this case illegal performances.
In my country it is the BUMA that is doing this, and I clearly remember
a well known artist here telling in his show that he had to pay royalties
because he sang one of his own texts (somebody was in the hall and clocked it).
We all know that 'illegal copies' are not the same as buying a CD, in fact
only help make the artist known, and people will buy the music or whatever
anyway if they can.
They killed allofmp3.com too, a good place to buy mp3 music that plays on all
players.
Only to set up their own shops.

It is a bit the elephant principle, if a big elephant comes your way, you step
aside.
I can imagine if some couple gets a 'cease and desist' (I am familiar with those
I got one too some years ago), they can either look in their purse and see if
they
have 20000$ cash to spare for some lawyers TO START WITH, or just step aside for
the elephant, Hollywood and their knights have _unlimited_ resources.
They do _not_ play fair, for example I suspect that is is people payed
by Hollywood and their clowns that spam sci.crypt to death.
NOBODY shall know about cryptography (might break an other sick copy protection
scheme sold to the suckers by yet other sharks).

What it boils down to for me is: Given the situation where I have to decide
to push the button for the Hollywood targeted ICBM, and asked: Should we launch?
I would think of that case and say: Why not.
Else I would have objected on human grounds.
The love you make is equal to the love you take, (Beatles).

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

All that you say is of course true. However, even Hollywood would have to
seek to prosecute in the country that the person who they feel is guilty of
the misdemeanor, resides, I think, unless the 'offence' was actually
committed on U.S. soil. Given that, I can't see any judge in this country at
least, allowing such a silly contention that  a toddler dancing to a piece
of music that was already in the public domain from the TV broadcaster,
constituted a 'breach of copyright', and would therefore throw it out of his
(her) court before it wasted any more money. Whenever I see stuff like this
in the press, I always take it with a pinch of salt, as I think that in most
cases, it is either a mis-reporting of the basic facts in that there is more
to it than we are being told, or else it's just perpetuation of an 'urban
myth'. You have to remember that it does not make good 'news' to report a
'proper' crime having taken place. Much better to make it look like some
innocent family (who will of course have been photographed for the piece,
along with granny and grandad and the neighbours all looking suitably
po-faced, and the youngster in question all tearful) has been victimised by
a huge heartless mega-corporation ...

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On a sunny day (Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:15:34 GMT) it happened "Arfa Daily"

Nice try, let's see for real:
Google: 'toddler prince video'

835,000 hits
OK, this looks interesting:
Dancing Toddler Video Yanked from YouTube Triggers Lawsuit
 http://digg.com/tech_news/Dancing_Toddler_Video_Yanked_from_YouTube_Triggers_Lawsuit
Seems the mother gotted pissed and has some cash to spare:
 A mother is suing Universal Music Publishing Group for insisting a video of
 her toddler dancing to music by pop star Prince be yanked from YouTube on
 copyright violation grounds.
Ah, I see it is now EEF that supports the mother in the lawsuit:
 http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?StoryID20%070725-032305-5848r
  EFF lawyers contend Universal is abusing a Digital Millennium Copyright Act
  provision that calls on Web sites to remove copyrighted material at the
  behest of owners.

So, let's hope she wins.
But for now the Hollywood bastards are bullying everybody and their cat.

The fun part is that technology will get them in the end.
Few more years (if you extrapolate the curve) and memory storage will be
such that everybody will have a copy of all Hollywood ever made, on their
bookshelf,
copy too in a second or 2.

Launch

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

http://digg.com/tech_news/Dancing_Toddler_Video_Yanked_from_YouTube_Triggers_Lawsuit

Ah ... So there you are, you see. Universal were not actually trying to
prosecute the person concerned. They were making use of a law that already
existed to have the content removed from a public domain website, on
copyright grounds. Were they being pedantic - perhaps - and if so, for what
reasons ? Or is there actually yet more to it than we are being told ... ?
Media still trying to make it look like a good 'David and Goliath' story ?
So has the mother decided off her own bat to try to sue Universal, or has
she been 'encouraged' to do so by some other organisation ( EEF Lawyers?? )
as a suitable test-case to suit their own agenda ?

Whilst it all seems a bit silly, and a waste of time and money, a law
never-the-less exists, which appears to cover the case in question, so by
contesting it, you are not trying to prove your innocence of having
committed any offence, which strictly speaking you have, of course, rather,
you are trying to prove that the law is stupid and needs revising. I would
suggest that the chances of that happening are very slim, and all that is
going to happen is that a lot of time and money and court-time that could be
much more valuably used, will be wasted.

I'm all for the little man not falling victim of big corporations, but
sometimes it all just gets rather silly, and blown out of any realistic
proportion.

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Universal were entirely within their rights to ask for the apparently copyright
infriging
material to be removed from YouTube. Were they over-reacting - certainly IMHO in
this case
but they weren't suing the mother involved as Jan alleged.

And.... the mother is certainly entitled to sue Universal under 'fair use'
provisions of
the law.

This case may actually serve a good purpose by making it clearer what should and
shouldn't
be acceptable use. From what I heard, the music was 'in the background'. I'd
have said
Universal must be utterly crazy to insist on its removal if that's true.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Yes, that's my thought too. Now Universal might be a big organisation, but
they are not stupid. Nor, I'm sure, are their corporate law department, and
any externally retained law experts. Which then begs the question of why
they would pursue this with such apparent vigour, given the negative
publicity which it would - and seemingly *is* - bringing down on their
heads. Which brings us back round to the question of is there more to this
than we are being told.

All of which is a very long way from bad joints on lead-free joints ...

Arfa

Site Timeline