Singer 5522 sewing machine

I found this machine at the swap shop of our transfer station. It appears to be in good condition but I can't figure out how to thread it or wind the bobbin. Does anyone have an operating manual that they would be willing to share? Also does anyone know how old this model is. It seems to be built pretty well. Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

threading guides here:

operation info here:

John

Reply to
news

If you're still interested, you can download the manual here:

watson.clay

We are having trouble getting our 5522 to sew heavy fabric. It is regular a wning canvas and should not be any problem for this heavy-duty machine. How ever the machine stalls when we try to get it sewing. We're using a #18 nee dle and it is new. We can sew lighter fabric with the same needle and setti ngs with no problem. Any idea what we'er doing wrong?

Reply to
watson.clay

Mine is 35+years old.

Reply to