Simple hall effect current transformer..?

Hi,

I wonder if there exist simple current transformer solutions using hall effect devices instead of bulky wound coils. I need to measure current between 0 and 100amps flowing in 1-phase or 3-phase mains cables. The units should contain an A/D converter with output to a standard bus, like for example 1-wire etc..

Has anyone here heard about simple yet relatively accurate (+/- 3%) current sense devices / solutions with digital output..?

Thanks for comments and info

regards

Geir

Reply to
Geir Holmavatn

something like that?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Sounds like what you want is a clamp test meter. They work to that sort of accuracy. They're priced from only a few dollars - but one with a data output bus will be more.

--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Check out F. W. Bell; they used to make Hall-based units good for up to a few hundred amps.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

Indeed some neat products. The OP request for a digital output may not be so immediately available but the following link points to an "easy to embed" solution for in-system use. The 0->5V output can easily be converted to a digital value by feeding the voltage into the A/D converter of your favorite microcontroller.

ciscodsl

Reply to
ciscodsl

ciscodsl