silver, gold, silver, black, brown Who can read its value?

Hi, it's the color code on a resistor, I'm unsure its order is silver, gold, silver, black, brown or brown, black, silver, gold, silver. I never seen color code like this before, anyone know how to read it ?? thank you.

Reply to
hotjomo

in the

Thank alot : budgie But it's very sure =3D brown, black, silver, gold, silver

Reply to
hotjomo

"hotjomo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Measure it with an ohmmeter and let us know how many ohms. Maybe then we can figure out the color code!

Reply to
Jim Land

Thank alot : budgie But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

Probably 0.1 ohm 5% but odd to have the extra silver band.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I'd suspect it starts with brown-black, but for me silver doesn't compute in the middle position. Have a close look at that third band and check out:

budgie

might the extra silver be a temperature co-efficient band?

Reply to
Mark Fortune

I suspect the 'silver' is actually grey.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

That was also my bet, which is why I suggested a close look at #3.

Reply to
budgie

I agree with 0R1 @ 5%. I would suggest also that it is possibly a fusible / safety resistor, particularly if it is open circuit with no obvious signs of distress. I have seen fusibles with extra silver or gold bands on them, that appear to make no sense in the value scheme. If it is such, it should be replaced with a similar type and rating only, to preserve safety, and likely compliance. What is the piece of kit that the resistor is in, and whereabouts in the circuit? Might give an extra clue.

Don't know if this might be of some help ??

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

0.1 Ohms

Brown - black - silver

1 - 0 - x0.01
Reply to
Ole Geisler

That's only if you treat it as a four-band code.

Reply to
budgie