Silicone rubber , longterm structural integrity

Last week I came across some NOS fine bore silicone sleeving. It was dated 1978. Firstly I did not realise it went back that far, in fact at least 20 years before that. No sign of greasiness, britalness , cracking, breaking with stretching only at the normal amout of stretch or lack of restitution after stretching. It could have been made this year. I was always a bit concerned about using silicone rubber for replacement flat rubber drive bands in cassette tape units etc. Still leaves the possibility of silicone rubber used in a dynamic way, flexing round motor pulleys , but so far so good, after about 10 years of such use

Reply to
N_Cook