Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the ope
rating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just p
icked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit selling

art of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels lik
e it.

It has a nice little LED display for the range and frequency read out in Mh
z but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with the
occasional burst of life.

So can anyone tell me where I can obtain copies of these manuals at all? Th
e manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped pro
duction years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Thanks

Graham

Re: Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:56:26 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
(...)

No manual, but this might help.
<https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/brand-name-i-never-heard-of-before/

Re: Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator

Sharetree is a new name to me, decades of UK test kit involvement.
"Style" looks rather kit-form. Reminds me of the South African brand
Sabtronics around in the UK then , in the same sort of general purpose
case and simple typography and exposed bulkhead connectors

Re: Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator
 operating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I ju
st picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit sell

FM part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels
 like it.
n Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with
the occasional burst of life.
? The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped
 production years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

The company that made it is still going today but they have moved onto maki
ng climatic test chambers now and have no records available of their electr
onic test gear product range which they ceased production of 30 years ago.
It is a British company and I have posted some photos of it here which migh
t possibly remind you of something? <https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear
/brand-name-i-never-heard-of-before/>

Re: Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator
perating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just
 picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit sellin

 part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels l
ike it.
Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with th
e occasional burst of life.
The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped p
roduction years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Time to start prodding it.

NT

Site Timeline