Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the ope rating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just p icked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit selling

art of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels lik e it.

It has a nice little LED display for the range and frequency read out in Mh z but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with the occasional burst of life.

So can anyone tell me where I can obtain copies of these manuals at all? Th e manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped pro duction years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
knobbler1

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:56:26 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: (...)

No manual, but this might help.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

Sharetree is a new name to me, decades of UK test kit involvement. "Style" looks rather kit-form. Reminds me of the South African brand Sabtronics around in the UK then , in the same sort of general purpose case and simple typography and exposed bulkhead connectors

Reply to
N_Cook

perating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit sellin

part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels l ike it.

Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with th e occasional burst of life.

The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped p roduction years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Time to start prodding it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

operating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I ju st picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit sell

FM part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels like it.

n Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with the occasional burst of life.

? The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped production years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

The company that made it is still going today but they have moved onto maki ng climatic test chambers now and have no records available of their electr onic test gear product range which they ceased production of 30 years ago. It is a British company and I have posted some photos of it here which migh t possibly remind you of something?

Reply to
knobbler1