Several General Questions - VISTA

THANKS to anyone that might help in any way. . . .

I continue to have several very aggravating problems that I cannot get over, no matter how much I may think that I am doing the right things.....

CD BURNING

I can open any number of programs and select BURN CD (yada, yada, yad.) I go through all of the motions (Add photos, vids, music, etc.,) and then, Select BURN (yada, yada, yada) and it seems that i ALWAYS get problems, i.e., BURN not completed. This with RealPlayer, Windows Media, Roxio, Nero,....etc. Can/Will anyone perhaps pick one of the above and just outline step-by-step procedures for me (even the most basic steps....do not assume that I may be doing even primary things right because obviously...something is wrong)

WHAT DO I NEED. . .

. . . in order to convert most any music or video file (I know that ALL cannot be converted in most cases, without an depthless pocketbook) to burnable formats?

MP4

What is this? How does one get that file converted to another vid file? Whenever I try to playback an MP4, it is always jerky and slow.....

THANKS so much

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
trebasss

Vista.BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You may be trying to burn a file that can't be read by the burner.

Have you tried to ONLY burn some MP3 files? Did it burn ok?

What software are you using to play MP4s?

MP4 is purchased music that is protected. You can play it if you bought it, or if the person who bought it has "authorized" your computer to play it. I don't know if anyone besides Apple sells MP4s. It should play flawlessly if you use iTunes, which is a free download for PCs and Macs from Apple. If you own it you can convert it to MP3 by burning to a CD.

By the way..... Do you REALLY mean MP4 or do you mean MPEG4?

Reply to
Don Bowey

Hi!

No, that's M4P. The unprotected version of these is known as an "M4A" type.

I think the OP really means MPEG-4...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

You're right. Thanks

Reply to
Don Bowey

..not the least of which is not knowing where to post questions about Microsoft products:

JeffM