Session Duette Guitar,(name of amp) from 1986

As well as dealing with immediate problem and other issues, like perished rubber drive bands to hold (just ) the tank in place and sometime thereafter free to fall amongst all and sundry. The BDV64B and 65B are presumably held with epoxy to their vaned heatsinks, nothing mechanical. 30 years integrity of epoxy? I assume I'm duty now bound to add fixings, after trying to prize apart one with fingernail insertion, still holding. Was this a common practice then and reliable since, or would it be zinc oxide white goo bonding, to some extent, over 30 years and original reliance was just on the transistor leads not bending with vibration etc ? The vanes are screw fixed to the pcb but not transistors to heatsinks

Reply to
N_Cook

As well as dealing with immediate problem and other issues, like perished rubber drive bands to hold (just ) the tank in place and sometime thereafter free to fall amongst all and sundry. The BDV64B and 65B are presumably held with epoxy to their vaned heatsinks, nothing mechanical. 30 years integrity of epoxy? I assume I'm duty now bound to add fixings, after trying to prize apart one with fingernail insertion, still holding. Was this a common practice then and reliable since, or would it be zinc oxide white goo bonding, to some extent, over 30 years and original reliance was just on the transistor leads not bending with vibration etc ? The vanes are screw fixed to the pcb but not transistors to heatsinks

I suspect someone has f***ed with it, and there is some hardware missing.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

I don't think so, no fixing holes in the vane at the TOP3 sites and no signs of scratching of the black coating to the heatsinks to indicate the one-time presence of and springs, which would have to be long clumsey things. A couple of silicone rubber bands will go in there , as belt and braces, as well as a couple for holding the tank in place. So far the circuit looks like W-S site, RG30/SG30 schematics

Reply to
N_Cook