Service Req. C1700 on Epson Aculaser

Hi,

My Epson C1900 laser is showing the following error after self test.

' Service Req. C1700 '

Does anybody know what this relates too, or the fix.

Thanks

Reply to
steve.mold

Hi,

My Epson C1900 laser is showing the following error after self test.

' Service Req. C1700 '

Does anybody know what this relates too, or the fix.

Thanks

Reply to
steve.mold

This is an "Internal Network Hardware Error". If the printer has a replaceable network card that will most likely fix it, otherwise it will be a connector problem or a main board failure. Tony

Reply to
Tony

Thanks Tony,

Maybe the sensor idea maybe a good start, recently it's been complaing of no toner than after a power cycle its been ok.

I've been deleying looking in the case, I've got plenty of experience I used to be a product engineer for Epson 8 years but that was many years ago and covered Dot matix ,Inkjet and scanners only.

I've been looking for the error codes on the Internet but Epson seem to be keeping them close to their chest.

T> >Hi,

Reply to
steve.mold

Additional info for anyone that has the same error in the future:

The error Cxxxx refers to a CPU error. This is normally due to corrupt data being received by the printer.

I'm told to power cycle the printer but I've oviously done that.

I'm guess> Thanks Tony,

Reply to
steve.mold