SD-P5071-K/KC shuts down in a second when power is applied.

Yes, protect trip. (P.D. trip), I can't believe I get X-Ray P.D. trip and H. Def. P.D. trip too. This one that have to reset by replugging the wall plug.

Projector was working unit when we sent it back out after resoldering & replacing many capacitors.

Checked semiconductors and looked for any burnt resistors, none found. Scoped the flyback waveforms and I get a series of weaker smaller "pulses" in groups (.._-_-_-____-_-_-____...) where it should be a nice paraola pulses of horizontal deflection then shuts down.

Two questions:

I'm really afraid this is fly failure, tell me it's not!? Eeek.

What could cause this to fail this way especially for pioneer?

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:27:24 +0000, Jason D. Has Frothed:

Did you check the HV?

-- Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004 COOSN-266-06-25794

Reply to
Meat Plow