Schneider DVDR HDD 160 Recording Freeze after some time

Hi

I have Schneider DVDR HDD 160 and when I record from any source to hard disk or dvd in both cases the recording process freeze after less than minute. The produced file when played also freeze after less than minute. Also the recorded sound is not playing while on the unit, but I tried it on my pc after finalizing the DVD the sound is there but also the file is stopped at the same place and the speed of file is not normal. The time in witch the recorder file stops is different from each case but it is constant for each file. I tried from AV1 and AV2, and on Hard disk and DVD, also I changed all the configuration but still same problem. I even tried to record for 16 minutes but the resulted file stuck on the 29th second.

any one can help?

Thanks un advance

Reply to
bossrek

You could try a full power off reset ( disconnect completely and don't plug back in for at least 1/2 hr ), but sadly, the chances of getting to the bottom of its problems are slim. I see fault descriptions like this on similar items that pass across my bench, all the time, and short of replacing whole sub assemblies, which some manufacturers do supply whilst the item is under warranty, mostly, there is little that you can do. You might try contacting the manufacturer to see if there are any known issues to be causing the problem. Occasionally, there are update files to be downloaded from their website, or update DVDs available. Daewoo are a favourite for that, and sometimes, very obscure problems are cleared up, just by doing a software reset / update.

You might also check the power supply. Examine all of the secondary side electrolytics, and look carefully for any signs of their tops doming. If you have an ESR meter, check them all. If you have a 'scope, just make sure that none of the rails are dirty. Of the DVDR / HDDRs that are repairable, most of the ones that are not fixed by software, turn out to be power supply problems.

Sorry I can't be more positive ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily