Schematic For Recotron Wireless Speakers?

These things were also sold under the Advent and Radio Shack name. They run on 900 MHz. I have the owner's manual, but it doesn't include any repair info. I actually want to bypass RF and just use them as battery powered speakers. I'm sure I could trace it out, but it would be easier if I had a schematic, and I'm curious about the inner workings of the RF as well.

Thanks!

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Do they have volume controls? If so, you may be able to connect the audio across the pot. That is, if it is an analog circuit. If not, you'll have to find the datasheets for the ICs and draw your own circuit.

Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:tZSdnXJtHfgz39fSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

They do have a volume control, but how useful that is depends on where they put it in the food chain. Certainly worth a look if I can't scare anything up.

Recoton also has a large number of patents, and I thought I might get lucky with one of those. Unfortunately, a lot of them are unrelated, and none of them include any detailed schematics (sometimes they do). The guy behind Recoton was Larry Schotz, who was pretty creative. I found his original patent (4829570) for sending the audio over the power lines (I had those speakers a long time ago as well). No real info on the 900 MHz FM wireless speakers. I may just have to open one up & try to sort it all out. If he used a commercial FM decodeer chip, there may be a clean spot where I can tap into the lines comming out of that. There is also a left/right/mono selector switch that would be a likely spot to inject the audio.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

gz39fSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

ct

,

nd

0

Is there a patent number anywhere on the label???

Reply to
hrhofmann

FCC ID printed anywhere? As a wireless device, the whole thing could be documented within the FCC's online database.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

" snipped-for-privacy@att.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b23g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

I checked both a speaker & the user manual. No luck.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

gz39fSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

ct

,

nd

0

So are they analog or digital? One patent keeps the signal digital until the very end.

I can't believe he got a patent for analog FM stereo transmission over AC power lines -- that is an obvious combination of AM carrier current plus FM stereo multiplex of thirty years previous.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

I used to visit their outlet store near Orlando. All the electronics was imported from various Asian countries. All they did was warehouse it there, and ship it out to stores. I doubt there was ever a schematic for it in the US, since they used to sell piles of defective electronics. They would test & repackage returned electronics, and dump the rest. They also had other brands of accessories they did buybacks on, to get stores to switch to their brands.

Michael A. Terrell

Adrian C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

The ID is CLV-A900R. It took some digging on the FCC web site, but I found it under the Equipment Authorization search, under the CLV code.

Unfortunately, none of the Recoton stuff appears to be available on-line. It's probably too old to be in electronic form & the FCC has never scanned it.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 22:43:17 GMT, Doug White put finger to keyboard and composed:

I only managed to find user manuals for the Advent AW820 and AW810, but I'm not sure if they match your model:

I also turned up a blank when I searched for RadioShack circuits for cat #400-1463 and #40-1463 at the FCC database.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks. I have the user manuals, but I need to modify the circuitry & was hoping I wouldn't have to sort it out the old fashioned way. No big deal. At some point, tracing out the necessary signal paths is quicker than tracking down the schematic. I think we've hit that point.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

=20

Wireless speakers usually have a matching transmitter. Do you have one?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

josephkk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, but the modifications I want to make are to the audio circuitry in the speakers.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

My idea was to open it up and see what you can figure out from the transmitter circuitry. Also you could run the transmitter and see what = it is transmitting. (maybe you have a spectrum analyzer or a emc reviewer)

?-)

Reply to
josephkk