Sanyo CLT2054 LCD TV question

Hi All,

Sanyo CLT2054 LCD TV (purchased in Jan 2006)

After pressing "ON" button, unit powers up with good picture and sound - for only 1-2 seconds. AC Adapter LED will glow green until TV starts, then goes out before TV shuts off. TV begins cycling and tries to re-start, but never gets there. Protection mode kicking in?

Checked output of power adapter with VOM and it is putting out 12.0 V DC. (4 Pin DIN connector) When disconnected from TV, adapter LED glows continuously, but the housing never does get warm.

Thinking about replacing AC adapter (approx $30) or biting the bullet and purchasing new TV. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

GT

Reply to
GT

Check the AC adabtor under load, not with no load on it. If it is cycling, then it is either defective, or the set is pulling too much current because of something failing.

In the adabtor, the most common causes of this type of fault are warn capacitors. These can be tested with an ESR meter.

A good quick test is to try another adabtor (supply).

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking online for a replacement and may have found a couple. Need to confirm pin assignments first.

I have considered using my PC speaker power supply with a spliced-in DIN connector as a quick test. (13V, 4.0 Amps) The original for TV is 12V, 5.0A.

Reply to
GT

The AC adaptor you are considering is 20% lower in its amp rating. I would not go with it. I would pursue to have at least the amp rating to be the same as the original or greater. The voltage would also be best at the same rating.

--

Jerry G.

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking online for a replacement and may have found a couple. Need to confirm pin assignments first.

I have considered using my PC speaker power supply with a spliced-in DIN connector as a quick test. (13V, 4.0 Amps) The original for TV is 12V,

5.0A.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Will keep looking for an adaptor with the proper ratings. The ones I have found on E-Bay seem to have different pin assignments on DIN connector. Need to find one that matches polarity exactly.

Thanks for the info!

Reply to
GT