Sansui 6060 Receiver - Noisy/Staticy Audio one channel!

I am working on a Sansui 6060 receiver that has one channel noisy/staticy when powered on. I've seen the noise on the 'scope but cannot track the bugger down. I have no s/m so it makes it harder to diagnose. Have anyone had this problem with this receiver before? Does anyone have the manual or schematic to send me? Thanks!

Reply to
tyrone_park

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:29:25 -0800, tyrone_park Has Frothed:

Noise all the time or does it go away?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

clean the pots and switches with a contact cleaner preservative such as Caig pro gold.

Bob

BOB Urz

Hello,

I've seen a couple of Sansui receivers that have 150 ohm, .25 watt 'fuseable' resistors that go WAY off value or open in the power amps, and can cause all sorts of problems. Oddly the other resistors of the same type seem to be OK. I cant remember if they are used in the x0x0 series of receiver or the 'G' series, or both. Have a look to see if this amp uses them.

WARNING: replacing parts in the power amp requires that you check the bias and DC offset adjustments when done. If you can't do this, then send the amp to a repair shop that can.

Also please note that there are many other problems that can cause staticy noise in the unit. If the receiver has pre-main jumpers, pull them out and see if the problem goes away. If the noise is gone, then the problem is likely in the preamp section. Best of luck.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz