Samsung table battery does not charge

Hi all

I have got a friends Samsung tablet, which does not charge - I tried another charger, and it still - slowly goes to 80%, that is it after some 4 hours. The charger is not the problem, so - a wild guess is the battery itself.

It is 1-2 years old.

Does anyone know anything about this?

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
sonnichjensen

Sonnich-

That is young for a battery failure, but is possible. If you search, you should find independent repair centers that can replace it.

Another possibility is that the tablet's battery monitor circuit is out of calibration. You may be able to re-calibrate it by completely discharging the tablet to the point where it shuts down. Then recharge it overnight using its supplied charger.

Use the supplied charger because some others do not supply sufficient current. USB computer ports will charge a tablet very slowly, sometimes supplying less current than the tablet uses when turned on.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:11:24 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

her charger, and it still - slowly goes to 80%, that is it after some 4 hou rs.

I recently fixed one of these for a friend at work. His daughter had let th e battery run completely down on her 7" Galaxy Tab. He kept trying to charg e it using a phone charger cable, and of course that did nothing. When I fi nally got him to bring the original cable and charger, it still did nothing . Then I found a Youtube video showing how to pry the thing apart. I discon nected the battery, and reconnected it after waiting a few minutes. Put it back together, and then it started charging. It took around 6 hours for it to completely charge, and after that it worked fine.

Reply to
junebug1701