Samsung SP56L5HX picture going yellow/green.

Hi, I'm the first to admit I don't know anything about LCD projection TVs. A friend of mine's SP56L5HX developed a yellowish hue in the picture which is shifting towards green. I've done some Google searching to find the likely cause, but didn't do any good. Does anyone recognize the symptoms and can tell me what to tell him? Thanks!

Cheers Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Does it have fans and filters ? it may be dust , if not then I have a sense of forboding .

Reply to
atec77

In LCD projectors that usually indicates a heat damaged or aging polarizer filter. I don't know if this applies to LCD panels....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

rear projection units (the ones that use an lcd or dlp panel) usually need to have the bulb replaced after x thousand hours. check the bulb time counter.

failing that could be bad input signal check cables, also check colour settings, my hitachi crt rptv has many colour settings.

Reply to
Matt2 - Amstereo

Thanks for all your suggestions. Lots more Google searching has only found a couple of references to this happening with other Samsung LCD TVs, so apparently it's not a common problem. I've told my mate to talk to Samsung and see what they say.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker