samsung ct-3352v

I've never worked on one of these before - it's got an adapter on the end of the power cord to enable plugging into US 120v power sources, so it clearly came from overseas somewhere the power is 220v (I guess that's most places other than the US though eh?)

Has total vertical collapse, but the thing that bugs me is that when plugged up it powers up instantly, and none of the controls on the front panel have any effect (power, volume, channel, etc.) If this is due to the microcontroller being bad, I'll probably just cannibalize it...

Anyone worked on one of these before? My experience, such as it is, is limited to North American models.

Any input appreciated, thanks!

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin S.

Kevin: Since the television has total vertical collapse.... that is the very FIRST thing you need to repair..... it could be that "shorted" vertical deflection circuity could be loading down the flyback derived B+ rail going to other important parts of the television's circuitry thus the other symptoms you are describing..... just a guess. You also need to get your DMM dusted off and verify that the power supply and B+ regulated voltages are present and properly regulated. And since you think it came from Europe you should check the tag on the back of the television and confirm that it can indeed operate at 120 AC power..... and it is designed for NTSC/525/60 television standards and not PALB/625/50 television standards. electricitym . .

Reply to
electricitym