Samsung 770TFT monitor failure

I picked up a very dusty monitor the other day. I connected it to a computer and fired it up. The lights on the little keyboard panel blink. They swap from A to B and back to A. Also the On button is glowing and then not. It finally settles down, but there is nothing on the screen. It is totally black.

I've taken the back off and can find nothing obviously wrong. Is there a well know problem with this monitor that can be easily fixed? Otherwise it is no loss to me.

Thanks in advance.

Al

Reply to
Al

Here is a service manual:

Try to do some multimeter check by following advice from manual..at least I've learned that way thing or two about repair, but I'm still having the problem with a 520TFT which I've found while dumpster diving. Observe capacitors, maybe some have top of the bulged, if you are lucky you can change them with equivalents, and the monitor will work. That's how I've saved one chinese no name monitor from dumpster.

Regards, Dusan Sukovic

Reply to
sukovic

there is a HV inverter for the lamps called the ballast. if it is dusty like you say, there maybe dust inside that is covering it and causing problems. if not, the inverter still can be bad..

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to
Jamie

Can you see any image on the screen in bright light? Take a flashlight and hold it at an oblique angle to the screen and have look.

Reply to
Meat Plow