router command line reboot

my wifi router locks up a lot physically removing power for a few seconds works every time when it locks up I can't log into it with a browser over wifi after a physical reboot I can log into it with a browser over wifi just wondering if there is a way to reboot a router from the command line

Reply to
jeff

Does it have an ssh server?

Used routers are cheap like borscht. You could get one off eBay or someplace for very short money and reflash it with OpenWRT, for instance.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Could you provide the manufacturer, model number, and firmware version? Not all wireless routers are made the same.

I've seen lockup problems from:

  1. Bad firmware.
  2. Overheating.
  3. Bulding and leaking electrolytic capacitors.
  4. Defective power supplies:
  5. DoS (denial of service) attacks from the LAN side.

CLI (command line interface) instructions vary from router to router. For example, the command on a Sonicwall is simply "restart". On Ubiquiti, it's "reboot now". For some Cisco, it's "reload". As I mentioned, it would help if you provided the maker and model number of your wireless router.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

In addition to Jeff Lieberman's list, look up the router and find out if there's a firmware update. That smooths out a LOT of wrinkles (and might unload a few types of malware, as well).

Reply to
whit3rd