Roomba lawn mower

Roomba now also has a mop. How long until they come out with a lawn mower? Yes, I've seen the video of a Roomba finding and splattering dog poop. Never had a Roomba but I'd'a hoped they had some way of like fencing rooms off with temporary guide slats.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Per snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com:

If somebody came out with a "DeerBa" I'd pay at least a grand for it....

i.e. something that cruises the premises looking for body heat and returns "Home" every so often for a re-charge.

If/when it senses body heat, it goes over to the source and repeatedly bumps up against it.

Deer seem to get used to a lot of things... but I would hope that being bumped on the shins by something hard would not be one of them.

--
Pete Cresswell
Reply to

Hello, or maybe a mobile device that permanently dispatches other folks dogs that take a dump on your nice manicured lawn and the mess left by their onlooking owners. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to

poop.

ms

There is a device that does what you want, only it is movement operated. It sprays water (at as high a pressure as you can feed it) at anything that m oves within 20 feet of it.

src=aw.ds

One of many options.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

What I want for deer control is a robotically-aimed paintball gun. In the winter the deer are harder to discourage, but frozen paintballs would probably do it. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Per snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

Believe-it-or-not, I actually have one of those things.

It "Works" in the sense that if something comes into it's sensory view it really does turn on the water.... and I was using it for awhile to guard a corridor that deer were coming in through from a valley across the street.

But they are not practical for large areas - too much hose needed, although I guess a major trenching project could deal with that.

Instead, I went over to these things:

A dozen-or-so placed around the yard. Place looks like a Christmas tree at night and I make sure none are facing the street or neighbors.

Understood that correlation is not causation, but the number of deer coming into our yard has dropped to about 2 percent of what it was and our hostas (deer seem to enjoy eating hostas more than other plants) have survived every summer since.

Still plenty foxes, raccoons, and 'possums - plus the occasional neighbor's cat or dog - but virtually no deer.

--
Pete Cresswell
Reply to

How about using life sized scarecrow, with a leftover 'Hillary' Halloween mask? ;-)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It sprays water (at as high a pressure as you can feed it) at anything tha t moves within 20 feet of it.

gclsrc=aw.ds

s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What brand type light sensor did you use ?

estimates on sensor range....movement activation...effective target area ?

I lived above a waterfall in black bear country. The fall thundered n vibra ted ground fall winter spring. Naybors had serious bear problems. Not in th e falls area despite using a bottle landfill against the buildings north wa ll.

Added a Wolo motorcycle air horn to my van under hood lip...horn attached t o hood. Horn freezes deer elk onto roadside. With the OEM horn operating.

Reply to
avagadro7

True enough. Deer are rather stupid and might actually be afraid of Hillary . Whereas a Trump mask would definitely attract them - also any sheep, goat s, rabbits and other herd animals in the area. Certainly any such unwilling or unable to think for themselves.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

Will Rogers

Vote Early and Vote Often.

Alphonse Gabriel Capone

Reply to
pfjw

They apparently think well enough not to vote for Hillary.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

e:

lary. Whereas a Trump mask would definitely attract them - also any sheep, goats, rabbits and other herd animals in the area. Certainly any such unwil ling or unable to think for themselves.

Time will tell.

Most of the time cattle, sheep and even chickens will march right up the ra mp into the slaughterhouse without any hesitation at all, even with the ful l visual of their fellow herd companions being shocked, beheaded or otherwi se abused directly in front of them. That is the sort of "think well enough of" that we are discussing.

May you live in interesting times, and may all your wishes come true.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H.L. Mencken

Reply to
pfjw

You do know that Bengazi was an attempt for Hillary and Obama to recover weapons she illegally sold to our enemies? The same ones who behead people. That the so called anti trump protests are funded by the Nazi conspirator, George Soros?

It is the sheep who sell their soul for a free cell phone and section eight housing.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That sounds strangely conspiratorial. And, of course, the problem with popu lar conspiracy theories is that far too many people have to know about it t o keep in even a little bit secret, or even dimly lit.

Point being that "begging the question" fallacies usually start with a stat ement along the lines of "you do know that....".

Followed by the 'false premises' fallacy: "But everyone knows that....".

Usually there is a sprinkling of "ad hominum" in the mix - such as the word Nazi and so forth.

Sorry. But we here in the US are entirely within a "time will tell" situati on. We have not had such a polarized election with two such foul candidates since Grant ran against Seymour in 1868. Grant did not rise to the occasio n. One hopes that this is not an historical precedent.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Just an FYI.

Reply to
pfjw

It was in some of the deleted emails.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You posted a link with your account ID. That's not very smart, and it isn't accessible by anyone else.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That is the point of DropBox - it allows one to share large and small files without risking a direct connection. My "account ID" is the sharing link. I have used it for years without incident. Nor is there anything in it that is at all actionable or confidential

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

te:

he

popular conspiracy theories is that far too many people have to know about it to keep in even a little bit secret, or even dimly lit.

statement along the lines of "you do know that....".

.

word Nazi and so forth.

uation. We have not had such a polarized election with two such foul candid ates since Grant ran against Seymour in 1868. Grant did not rise to the occ asion. One hopes that this is not an historical precedent.

And the independently verifiable links to that information are?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

All I got was a file not found error from your link.

Dropbox was originally created for use by members of the Newsgroup news:rec.crafts.metalworking

It's domain name was later bought, along with the concept for general use so don't try to sell me on it. Others use it, and I have no trouble viewing files that are configured properly for sharing. I use 'Google Drive', for the same purpose.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You wouldn't read them, so why bother? Thousands of the emails are available online.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.