Rohde et Schwarz sythetizer SMF 100A

When I connect the power chord and switch on from the back there is a yellow led near the front panel power button.

If I press this button a green led shows up but disappears after about 3 seconds and the yellow one comes back. Nothing shows up on the screen.

Is it a stupid trouble I can fix myself? (internal fuse or similar)

Regards,

Jean-Pierre Coulon

Reply to
Jean-Pierre Coulon

Manual here:

Page 31 addresses your concerns.

Generally, reading the manual for a complex piece of equipment can be helpful. I have been known to do it myself!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Thanks for the manual, but I am not learning much.

This sythetizer had spent a few years on a shelf. After a few days with the 220 V it restarted. I believe some accumulator was empty and it is unable to boot in this case.

Hope it may help someone in the future :-)

Jean-Pierre Coulon

Reply to
Jean-Pierre Coulon

I am unclear whether it started (properly) after a few days, or it remains on standby mode?

I believe some accumulator was empty and it is

Present tense?

Yeah. Actually reading a manual is typically my last resort.

Reply to
peterwieck33

Do you mean synthesizer?

Reply to
bruce2bowser

It started properly.

I believe some accumulator was empty and I believe it is unable to boot when this accumulator is empty.

Bye,

--
Jean-Pierre Coulon
Reply to

There may well be some sort of rechargeable battery (apparently referred to as an accumulator in the EU) for the CMOS memory in this tool that requires enough charge to retain settings and when discharged won't allow normal booting. I would open the device to make sure the battery is not a Ni-Cad style and thus avoid the risk of battery leakage eating your circuit boards... The manual only states there is some kind of battery/accumulator in the device but doesn't say what type it is - Ni-Cad, Lithium, etc.

John :-#(#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to