RFID fob split, no more work

My small key fob to enter my building and elevator doesn't work. The outer shell split open in two halves a while back, and yesterday the chip and coil inside fell out and was lost.

Today I found the chip and coil on the ground at work, but when I try to use it, it does not work. It just doesn't want to activate. The thing looks to be intact; the chip is in the middle, and there are two small copper wires leading from the back of the chip and wrap around the coil ring.

Is there anything I can do, or is it likely permenantly broken? I was excited when I found the insides, since a replacement costs $75, and no security places in town want to copy this for me (I could copy a room mates, they only activate to get in the building, not needed to egress, but again, shops wont duplicate it for me)

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian ha escrito:

oil

use

es,

n,

This doesn=B4t make any sense to me. If you have legitimate rights to enter the building, I guess the security departament can give you a new key. No need to duplicate anything.

Reply to
lsmartino

Can you post a picture of the pieces on a website somewhere? Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

"lsmartino" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I agree this is the best way. Take it to security, tell them, Gee it broke in two and now it doesn't work. I was taking good care of it, must have been a defect or something. I'm really sorry. Can you give me a new one, please?

Reply to
Jim Land