Revox A722

Ok, if this is a "for yourself" repair, I'd do what someone else suggested and use multiple transformers. At least one for the low current pair and the oddball for the dual 53V side.

One suggestion, you can probably find dual 48V ones without too many problems, those had to have been used by the telcos for charging their batteries when everything was copper based.

I really think the 5V difference is going to make little change, probably cut a couple watts off peak output but should be totally safe to use.

At least you can see if the rest of it still works and if it does, just leave it like that while in search of something closer to the original one.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Not a toroid. Remember, this is a Revox - never use one part when three-or-more will do better. There is a clear plastic clam shell over the windings but under the end bells. It is also a 'double C' core.

I am trying to avoid multiple transformers - the on/off switching scheme is complicated enough without introducing additional connections. But, if I must go that way eventually, I will.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

** Then using a custom toroidal is the obvious way to go.

Are the no winders set up in your part of the world?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Many. Getting prices.