Resucitating Silver loaded paint.

For the first time in 8 years or so I have use for a dab of conductive paint. About 8 years ago I asked a chemist mate if he recognised the smell of the solvent in this phial of paint , I think he said something acetate - ethyl acetate ?. He said he'd dig out a tiny quantity but both he and I forgot. Anyway the paint although kept in a fridge is on the solid side of paste and not paint. Any ideas where I would find Ethyl Acetate in an ordinary product like nail varnish remover, epoxy thinner or whatever? Or any other ideas, as its like Coleman's mustard - made his fortune from what was left on the side of the plate.

n cook

"n cook" wrote in news:e37dsu$hdt$ snipped-for-privacy@inews.gazeta.pl:

try using a small amount of acetone.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Which IIRC,is based on acetone,with some other stuff added. But you can buy it in small amounts,and not have to buy a pint or more.

-- Jim Yanik jyanik at kua.net

Reply to
Jim Yanik

M.Joshi spake thus:

That's acetone, as the previous poster suggested. (I second the emotion.)

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Hi,

You can try using nail varnish remover (The clear type) - it worked for me!

Jim Yanik Wrote:

--
M.Joshi
Reply to