Resetting an Hitachi TV

Hi,

I have an old Hitachi TV, model CT2043B. The internal speakers have been turned off in the settings, and I want to turn them back on. The thing is the remote "Sound" button does not work anymore. I tried universal remote controlers, but they don't support the "Sound" button, only the "Menu" button. I prefer not buying a replacement remote as only the "Sound" and "Picture" buttons are not working on the original remote. I did try to clean it with no luck. Is there any way to reset this TV setting to the factory default?

Thanks

Reply to
Bobby

You need a working remote control to make those changes. You might want to email oneforall with the make and model of the tv and the buttons required. There is a good chance they have a universal remote that with some special programming will provide the needed functions.

Reply to
dkuhajda

If you are lucky enough to have a remote that doesn't work just because the button won't contact properly then you can still do what you want by opening up your remote. If you pop open the remote and trace out where the buttons would be making contact you can examine the traces to see where you can just temporarily jumper to get the same effect. If it is an actual component of the remote that is toast then you are out of luck. I've had to do this numerous times for other folks until they could locate a replacement remote.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

That did the trick!

Thanks alot!

Reply to
Bobby

For future reference, Hitachi specific replacement remotes are available from Moteva. They do have the "picture" and "sound" buttons.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly