Replacement rubber laptop feet

Hot melt glue: I just tried it and it seems to work.

-- Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com

150 Felker St #D
Santa Cruz CA 95060
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I use peel-and-stick rubber cabinet door bumpers from the hardware store. They come in various sizes --- white, black, or clear.

Jonesy

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

Thanks. I have some and found that the 50mg packs are essentially a use once proposition. If the tube is partly used, the stuff left in the tube hardens fairly quickly.

I've been using: but there's a problem. It's a heat setting rubber compound. Hot water or hot air will set it almost instantly. Unfortunately, that makes it useless for anything that will melt when heated, like laptop plastic parts. The best I've been able to do is make some plaster molds of the feet, fill the molds with Awesome Goo, and heat with a hot air gun. Then, I glue the molded feet to the laptop with contact cement. It's also quite fast, where I don't have to wait overnight for the rubber to harden. That works quite well, but is tedious having to make the molds. Might as well buy overpriced rubber feet on eBay.

Still, hot melt glue seems to be good enough. We'll soon see how long it lasts.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Or get some rods of coloured hotmelt . Blue is good. Slice off rings, then hotmelt string and soldering iron to "solder" the discs to the casing. The laptop I'm using here I added some sectors? 3mm thick discs cut down to crescent/D shape and glued a few ,flat cut face to casing, Around the fan outlet. You would think the makers would build protrusions around fan outlets to stop loose clothing, closing off the relatively low pressure fan air, but no .

Reply to
N_Cook