Repco Inc. repair information? RS232 radio modem

I am looking at a two radio RS232 modem, made by Repco Inc.

This one has RS232 in and out, and transmits and recieves in the 450 MHZ range. I just called Repco and talked to the guy who hauled away _ALL_ the documentation to the Ornage County landfill. No more documentation, no more parts, no more tools at Repco.

Has anyone ever worked on these? Any ideas on service infomation?

Thanks for any possible leads!

Pete

Reply to
3t3d

Pete-

Just a thought - there is a chance that Repco used a circuit board from some other company, to translate between RS-232 and Audio inside the radio. Look for a name on the pcb, such as Pac Comm (located near Tampa, Florda) or TAPR (Tucson Amateur Packet Radio).

If you get the modem's data, you may be able to figure out the rest.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Thanks Fred,

The name on the modem card is "Repco" "Econo-Link PC assembly"

I found the original manufacturer, who told me that he personally hauled everything to the landfill... Unfortunately, there are still a bunch of these out there, and without replacements or repairs, there is a big mess. Since they are part of a large system, unless an exact hardware replacement is handy, it coud be disaster trying to peicmeal in a replacement to the larger system, since it is part of a network of modems, and lots of software tying it together.

Thanks for any leads anyone has!

Pete

Reply to
3t3d