repairing a dead Panasonic RF-B60 portable radio

This is a good quality small portable Shortwave/AM/FM radio. It used to work well for me on batteries and one day just went dead. I've been trying it recently with new batteries, but no luck...still dead as a doorknob. I also tried with a universal power supply, but no difference(however, I don't trust the power supply, sometimes it outputs .5v, sometimes 7v at all settings).

Although I'm not very experienced at electronic repair, I've taken radios apart and would try that with this one if someone could give me some troubleshooting steps. I have a DVM, and have done a lot of 12v DC car/auto electrical work which is very basic and simple stuff(find the bad wire, find the bad ground, etc...). Is there a fuse in this radio?

Anyone familiar with this Panasonic RF-B60?

John

Reply to
jbclem3

No corroded traces on the print from leaking battery's? That is the number one killer for this sort of equipment.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Hi I have a Panasonic rf b60 and I can't get it to work it has a e that blinks what should I do

Reply to
markallenturner

Learn a trade like electronics repair(takes a few years). Asking silly questions on the net wont teach you anything.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Anything 'e' smells like "error". Considering your radio dates back to 1989-1991, it may need replacing all electrolytic capacitors, aka recapping. There is a service manual at elektrotanya.com. You can find it by searching there with keywords "Panasonic RF-B60L". Good luck!

Reply to
c4urs11

Mine does that when the batteries die.

Reply to