Removing DVD Rom drive from Sony PCV-RS720G

I would like to remove my DVD rom drive as I think it is defective and would like to have it tested. However, for the likes of me, cannot remove. I can detach all cords and remove 2 screws (on 1 side only, nothing on the other side, must be on a rail), but when I try to slide it out, either forward or backward, something is still blocking it. This Sony puter has distinctive face plate on the drive and it may be holding it in, however, again, there does not seem to be a way to remove this cover. Any help in getting this drive out will be very appreciated. Dave

Reply to
djaseck

I've seen some really nasty ways to hold a drive in. You probably will have to remove the cover as there may be screws in the front holding the drive in place. Most likely the drive is attached to a metal frame that slides in and out and this is what is attached in the front of the computer. I don't have this computer so I can't help more.

snipped-for-privacy@twmi.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
calvinsff

On some drives the cover slides upwards.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson