Removing Cassette Deck Capstan Motor Pulley

I need to replace a dead capstan motor on a Nakamichi "Cassette Deck 2". Apparently they are no longer available in stock form, but I may be able to use a generic capstan motor.

The only problem is that I would have to remove the belt pulley from the old motor shaft and press fit it onto the new one. Is this possible to do without ruining the new motor? (I have an arbor press.)

-Thanks

Reply to
Sofa Slug

Heat the pully. the brass will heat much quicker then the steel shaft.

Reply to
No Spam

Thanks for the info. How do you press fit the pulley onto the new motor shaft without damaging the motor bearing?

Reply to
Sofa Slug

2".

the

Freezer spray io the shaft and hot air gun to the pulley

N_Cook

That is genius! Thank you.

Reply to
Sofa Slug