regarding Texas instruments DLP chips.

Unfortunately I was running my LT140 JVC projector recently setting up for a meeting when it went faulty. This is a 1024 x 768 machine with a Texas Instruments DLP engine in it. and when it work t was quite a good performer. The unit has done less than 400 hours as it isn't turned on much but its not in warranty now. Still on its first lamp actually so this failure is most premature for a machine that has had a very easy life so far. With the projector turned on but in black after about five minutes running I saw the black screen get a few wide white horizontal bars on the image. This turned out to be a fault and I required it back for planned presentations over the next few weeks so sent it off to the manufactures service center for a quote for repair. They told me they would not be able to fix it for under $6000 but could replace it for $3500. As I am an electronics tech myself and thought this to be a little expensive, I purchased a new projector locally for less and set the LT140 asside for myself to repair when I had time. When I finally got to it the fault had changed somewhat to what it was when it left me but none the less it was still faulty with a few pixels on and the rest of the DLP chip output in black. The lamp runs the color wheel is running fine the JVC power supplies are all good and all data appears to be presented to the Texas Instruments DLP driver card prior to the second board with the DLP engine. I have had the JVC portion verified and all is ok its just the Texas Instruments section that has failed. Feeling pleased about this I contacted Texas Instruments and hit a brick wall. I only wanted pin outs of their DLP engine to verify the conditions of the driver. They just won't help with any information at all and I've not been able to go any further. As most of the projectors I have recomended to my employer, clients and friends are DLP with Texas Instruments engines inside I'm now very concerned that there is no help or information forthcoming from them in any way which means repair cost is massive. Unless I can get better support from somewhere I certainly will not be even considering DLP for any future clients or replacements of existing. It's rather sad really as my dealings with them as of 10 years back were so great, I'm saddened to see what has happened.

If any one has any information on the Texas Instruments driver board and chipset mentioned below please let me know ok I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm rather disgusted at the responses I got from Texas Instruments DLP.

the Texas Instruments DLP engine is XC4436XL PQ240 on the second board

the Texas Instruments driver board has 2 DLP Andromeda 980 processors F711054GFN

and the rom version is 4171 697-3

I'm hoping someone out there has had more luck from other sources than I

Any suggestions are welcome

Reply to
Rodoz

Rodoz,

DLP board with that DMD IC on it is replacement only item and very pricy. All you do is replace board and tilt and rotate module before doing final fastening to get it set correctly.

Contact shop that is JVC servicer authorized for price of module with core charge?

I think they want defective board back due to expense.

I really think JVC is LCOS type not DLP.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.