Reg voltage convertor

Hi, I am buying a thermophore kit in US that will be used in India. I have no clue if I need to buy any additional stuff like voltage convertors, etc so that it can be used, any help is greatly appreciated, the weblink for the product is at:

the specs are at
specs say 120V, 200 watts, 60HZ A.C..... Thanks, Sunil

Reply to
sunil

Yes. India has 240 volts. You will need a transformer (probably best bought in India) that converts 240 to 120 volts and can handle 200 watts. That will not be cheap. Better yet, check with the vendor and see if they can supply a 240-volt version of their product. Or, if their product contains nothing but heating elements, a cheaper rectifier-type converter might work; they should be able to advise.

mc

Looking at it -- it's apparently just a heating pad, and the cheaper type of converter (the kind that is for "lights, heating elements, and resistive loads") should work.

But can't you buy heating pads in India? Or buy a British one?

mc

On 17 Jun 2006 20:25:52 -0700, "sunil" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The Standard product is 14" x 27". Why not buy two Medium products (14" x 14") and wire them in series?

It'll cost you $120 instead of $75, but that should be cheaper than a

200VA transformer.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar