recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but n ot if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what w ould you recommend? I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fis h salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettu ce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than s lobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

Reply to
mogulah

Depends on how big your belly is. If I lean forward just a little, I don't get any food on my clothes regardless of how messy it is. Maybe twirling spaghetti, but french fries? Seriously?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

Well, I'm not an American, though I've lived here for a day or two.

And fries with ketchup is a lot less messy than spaghetti with red sauce, unless your gut is so large that you don't have a lap.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Wear a bib: Form follows function.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

If your are known for anything "good"?

Had one repair guy drive from Michican to Chicago for a single service call. He seemed keen on getting an Italian Beef (It's a Chicago-area sandwich nobody outside the area can get right for some reason). He just wanted to know what place to try.

It's something I take for granted, but they're a big deal for visitors.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes me violently ill.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes me violently ill. "

Holy horse-feathers we're lighting that candle from opposite ends: I positively DRINK the stuff, LOL!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Make your own vinegar-less ketchup: I've never tried it but it looks interesting.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael Terrell wrote: "- show quoted text - Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath. "

Wait.. what?

Reply to
thekmanrocks

What part don't you understand? Telling you to drink the stuff, or being in wound care for some deep ulcerated wounds on my leg?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
2:36 PM Michael Terrell wrote: "- show quoted text - What part don't you understand? Telling you to drink the stuff, or being in wound care for some deep ulcerated wounds on my leg? "

I interpreted the second part as: consuming ketchup landed you in the hospital, and I was quizzical as to how that could have happened. LOL

The leg wound part cleared things up. Guess you just have an aversion to vinegar, in any form.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I had a so called 'friend' hold out a bag of potato chips, but I couldn't see the label. He was laughing as I was gasping for breath, because they were full of vinegar. I didn't even have to swallow them to be sick for three days. I have to avoid all condiments on food, because most have vinegar in them. I cook my own food, so that I can make sure there is no vinegar in it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael Terrell:

Horrors! I apologize for not appreciating how serious your allergy really is. I have a likewise averse reaction to simple house dust, due to circumstances during my youth I'd rather not go into. Simply put, one speck of dust, one stray hair, and I'm down and out!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

We all have something that affects us. The problem is when others ignore the issues they have been told about. I'm diabetic, but people keep trying to get me to eat things that are loaded with sugar. I am already having problems controlling my glucose levels. I am on two 1000 mg of Metformin, which is the maximum dose that is considered safe, along with two shots of 50 units of insulin per day. Add four test strips a day, and that is six times that you have to poke holes in yourself.

As far as dust goes, I used to use a large exhaust fan, and the air compressor to stir it up, and suck it out of the shop. or my home. Always on the upwind side, of course.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell