rechargable NiMH battery question

I have a cordless phone, Plantronics model CT12, it uses a NiMH rechargeable battery.

They want $25-$30 for a replacement at most places around town or online for a no-name chinese replacement of this chinese made battery, it's only part number is 63421-01

This battery appears to be nothing special at all, it looks like a typical

3.6V, 800mAh NiMH battery with 3 wires, white, red, black in that order.

can I not match up the connector to some $8 replacement 3.6V NiMH battery from Wal-Mart that has 3 similar colored wires in the same configuration?

what do I need to be cognizant of, in trying a more common replacement cross?

Reply to
margarita

Margarita,

There are five basic things to consider when using a generic alternative battery:

  1. Physical size - make sure it will fit into the space allotted
  2. Connector type - make sure it is the same so it will mate properly
  3. Polarity - Make sure that the polarity is correct. Don't just rely on wire colors
  4. Voltage - DC voltage same
  5. Capacity - mAh rating same or higher

Not sure of the why you have a third wire (probably the white one) since only two are needed to supply the single DC voltage. I'd suspect it could be for accurate voltage sensing at the battery or for the charging circuit. Good luck. You should not have a problem finding a replacement, especially if the phone isn't too old.

Bob

rechargeable

for

Reply to