Rechargable batteries

Forgive my lack of knowledge re batteries ...

I have a Panasonic cordless phone (KX-TGA101S) using Pan. AAA MiMH rated at "Min

550 mAh".

Are these appropriate as replacements:

and would they work OK with the Pan. cordless charger?

Thx, Will

Reply to
Wilfred Xavier Pickles

"Min 550 mAh".

Your phone probably uses a pre-wired battey pack, not separate loose cells. Take the phone to Radio Shack or Batteries Plus and get the proper battery pack for it.

John

Reply to
news

As I only gave the page a cursory glance I may have missed where it said "NiMh" - OTOH they look like the rechargeable alkalines which can only be recharged a *very limited* number of times and only then if you never discharge them flat, and only with a special charger.

Make sure you buy NiMh cells, it doesn't matter if the Ah capacity is higher than the originals (technology keeps improving) anyway, most makers claim NiMh are immune to memory effect. They'll just take longer to reach full charge and last longer before next charge.

As long as the old cells haven't failed S/C, put them in a fast NiMh charger and then run them down in a (filament bulb) flashlight - repeat charge/discharge cycle a few times, you may see some improvement.

Reply to
Ian Field

Zoom in to the Amazon image and you will see NIMH in the lower left corner.

Reply to
Charlie

So it does .

Reply to
Ian Field

My Panasonic cordless uses bog standard AAA NiMh cells. Quite handy really, since I could give them the first time full charge in 1 hour in the fast charger instead of over night in the phone.

Reply to
Ian Field

Part of the reason I had to ask was because I couldn't *find* a mAh rating on the Amazon page.

Anybody see one?

Will

Reply to
Wilfred Xavier Pickles

It says that they are NiMH at the the bottom left of the card, and it indicates on the battery body that they are 2400mAH, so if the phone does use individual cells, then they should do the job ok

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It looks like it says "DX2400" on the battery body. 2400 mAH is a typical value for modern NiMH cells, so I would guess that is what the "2400" is referring to

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Arfa Daily"

** Nope.

DX2400 is a code that gives the battery type and size.

Seems they are really Sanyo Eneloop AAA cells in a new skin.

So they are 800 mAH.

AAAs are never 2400mAH.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The main Amazon page shows AAA batteries. When the image is zoomed it shows AA batteries!

The back view of the pack cannot be zoomed, but magnifying the image shows they are 2800 or 2900 mAh.(top right).

--

Jeff
Reply to

And if I'd like to be -certain- of the mAH rating, maybe I should just buy the Sanyo Eneloop for not-much-more money?

Thanks, Will

Reply to
Wilfred Xavier Pickles