Re: What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards

The move to USB 3.0 only affects charge rates connected to a PC.

2.x is limited to 500mA while 3.x is 900mA I think.

Both standards use 5V, but 2A AC chargers often run a bit higher at 5.3V. The chargers don't directly adhere to either USB spec and basically trigger fast charge the same as before, by shorting out or putting a fixed resistance between the data pins.

My old HP TouchPad USB 5.3V/2A charger with 2.0 cord charges my Note 3 just as fast as the Samsung 5.3V/2A adapter with USB 3.0 cord does.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the "USB 3.0" Samsung charger doesn't actually have the extra 3.0 pins, it uses a 2.0 port. That's because for pure charging devices the standard doesn't matter, only the current and voltage rating and that it shorts the data pins.

Reply to
Helmer Bengtsson

As for the title question, I never myself could figure out the difference. If you know, tell me because it makes no sense class 1 or class 2 except from a driver perspective.

Reply to
Helmer Bengtsson

originally, but the battery charging spec allows for more current.

no they don't.

5.3v is outside the usb spec.

then it's not compliant in more ways than one.

it's supposed to negotiate the power over the data pins.

Reply to
nospam

it doesn't matter

Reply to
nospam

5.3V.

For anyone that is interested please see:

All the USB standards are there.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk