Re: What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards

usb must be 5v +- 0.25v, or 4.75-5.25v, which means the oem charger is

> not usb compliant.

Here's a picture of the OEM EP-TA10JWS charger, showing the 5.3 volts!

What I'm worried about is that I can't find a car adapter that is 5.3 volts and 2.0 amps or more.

Reply to
Elechi Amadi

Actually, that's the wrong picture. Here's the right picture showing 5.3 volts at 2.0 amps output.

Elechi Amadi

from the comments, there seems to be more than one version

don't worry about it. it doesn't matter.

5.3v is noncompliant.

all adapters will be 5v (or sometimes 5.1v). it makes no difference.

Reply to
nospam

I had referenced the wrong charger. The OEM charger for the Note III is 5.3 volts, 2.0 Amps.

I can't find a 5.3 volt adapter for the car.

Reply to
Elechi Amadi

it is not compliant with the usb spec.

don't use it with anything other than a note iii and any other samsung product that it lists it will work with.

you won't and it makes no difference anyway.

Reply to
nospam

You don't want one, it could fry some other device you plug into it, just get a 5.0V 2.0A one and you'll be ok.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That shows 5.0V/2.0A both in the pic and in the text

Thomas Wendell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
tumppiw

Duhhhh... and here's a picture showing a charger with *exactly* the same product code (EP-TA10JWS) with the correct voltage (5.0v) in the product label and text of the web page.

Looks like there's a *mistake* in the wirelessground.com web page, it should say 5.0v not 5.3v. So a 5.0v car charger would be the right choice for you.

... got the picture yet?

Reply to
nemo

I can read it as 5.3 volts printed right on my charger! So the only mistake is in the Amazon photos.

Reply to
Elechi Amadi

Samsung themselves, say it's 5.3 volts.

Plus I can read 5.3 volts printed on the charger.

Also Amazon shows it at 5.3 volts:

As does Wireless Ground:

Whatever XDA is, they show it at 5.3 volts also:

Elechi Amadi

Hi, It is not that super critical. As long as charger is good quality. Also if you get wrong micro SD card, it won't work well. For example too fast one some times gives trouble. Follow the manual. Get a brand name like Samsung, Lexar....

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It'll be fine.

The USB spec goes up to 5.25V. The extra 50mV won't fry anything.

In fact, the device probably won't even see it. If you're drawing 2A, you'd lose 50mV by a 25milliohm resistance in the cable. Given that USB cables contain hair-thicknesses of copper these days, that's not unlikely. I've seen cables with 1 ohm resistance. In fact, to get a resistance as low as

25mohm you'd need about 0.75mm^2 of copper - that's roughly the thickness of the cable that powers your desktop PC.

A lower current draw will have less voltage drop, but any way you look at it what the device sees will be in spec. And the device would cope just fine with 5.3V straight, the DC-DC converter will have a much bigger margin.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

The nominal 5.3V is already out of spec, who knows what the tolerance is on it, +/- 5% perhaps, so now it could be 300mV over, then someone charges an unprotected e-cigarette from it and ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or rounded to one decimal place.

-- chris

Reply to
Chris Uppal

same

product

.html

Quit gassing. Measure it. Both unloaded and at 1.00 Amperes.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Hmm. Hadn't heard of rechargeable electronic cigarettes. The ones i have seen use expendable batteries in the nicotine cartriages. Live and learn.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk