Re: vintage IC data ...

Anybody got a sheet for a Texas Instruments TMS3874 digital clock IC ? Loads

>of references on the 'net, and people claiming to be suppliers and having a >datasheet, but you just finish up getting led down the path to companies in >China, with no sign of the actual sheet ... > >Just the pin-out will do if nothing else available. It's a 'rescue' project >for a very old mate, so not desperately important, but it would be nice to >get it going for him again, as it was an apprentice piece that he built 38 >years ago, and it has worked all that time until last week, when it just >suddenly stopped. I'm loathe to believe that the IC itself has failed, but >you never know ... > >Arfa

I made a similar clock back in the day which still works well. It originally used 7400 series TTL logic and Monsanto MAN-1 leds. A few years later, I updated it to one of those "new fangled" clock chips. Anyway, I just wenting looking for it in case it has the same chip, but no such luck. It uses a National MM5311. There are plenty of data sheets for that on the net, but not for your TI. Any chance the pinouts are the same/similar?

Pat

Reply to
Pat

It wouldn't have been a second source, so you can't trust it to be "close".

The amusing thing is, if you went from ttl to an LSI clock, you missed the step after that. A few years into the build your own clock phase, where all those companies sold the needed parts and maybe a circuit board, the semiconductor companies came out with clock modules, so all you had to do was wire them to the power supply and some switches.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Arfa-

Take a look at . (Page 428, Circuit 1152.)

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie