Zebra

Try unplugging the mains cord for a few minutes.

--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
#8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Yes, you can find the schematic on Google, as always.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

Now, the challenge to you, Ms. Malissa... would be to show us exactly where this schematic resides (on google, of course)... can you?

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

tape.

play

diagram?

I'm not here to do you googling for you. If you post a question to sci.electronics.repair without googling it first, then I will send a complant to your ISP.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

tape.

play

diagram?

Don't play with "Skippy", Peter.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Skippy had a sex-change? Yikes!

Well, I guess it was inevitable.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

you have some mechanical problem most likely perished belts or stiff mechanism. open it up and check the parts for old dried grease. relube. see here - you might be lucky and fins some diagrams:

good luck. .B .

Bad belts. Very very common on the Technics cassette mechs. Did one just today with very similar symptoms. Usually the take up drive belts that go very spongy. Originals that do this are often grey. Not especialy easy to change.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On May 29, 1:10 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote: > > Don't play with "Skippy", Peter. >

Addadicktome or Lopitoffuhme ?

GG

Reply to
stratus46

What a question! The former would be appropiate in either case in this case. The latter would require microsurgery if even possible.

Reply to
pfjw

I'll try opening it in a day or two to check out the belts. To my memory, this cassette deck is a direct driven deck which at least consists of 2 motors on the main shaft on each side of the deck -- it still sounds like a of high tech. 20+ years ago.

"Arfa Daily" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:2H07i.5441$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
Zebra

¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:2H07i.5441$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-win.ntli.net...

soft

will

go

Before disassembly mark between parts with felt tip pen and take some photos as some of these mechanisms can be devillish complicated, just to change belts

N Cook