Re: Pre-war capacitor

I've a few boxes full of oil/paper metal-cased capacitors I could test
for comparison purposes if needs be, Tabby, but I've added s.e.r in case
some kind soul there will know the answer off the top of their heads
first.

Re: Pre-war capacitor

What, if anything, are the markings on the caps themselves?

You ought to be able to screen a modern film cap to within a very few percent of the OEM values, go high on the voltage parameters, and go from there.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Pre-war capacitor

the cap doesn't have a case, let alone markings.

Of course I can replace it, and probably will need to, I just wanted to know if this thing might still be serviceable, if so I'll let it stay.

NT

Re: Pre-war capacitor

The short answer is No.

Peter Wieck