Re: OT landline metering

Gareth Magennis prodded the keyboard with:

Can't seem to Google this, but in the old days (in the UK) you could > put a call meter in series on your landline, that I think measured > some kind of "click" from the exchange that signified another unit > of calltime charged. You could thus keep a tally on the calls made > on that phone. > > This was useful when I was in a shared house, where everyone wrote > down the units they had used, and the phone bill was split > accordingly. > > I can't seem to find such a thing now. Is it possible to meter your > used units now? > > > Cheers, > > > Gareth.

No its all gone with the advent of "inclusive call charging". I no longer get a phone bill as such. Sure I get an Email telling me what calls I've made but never how much they cost. Line rental gets taken yearly and broadband and calls inclusive monthly. That might as well be taken yearly as well since it never changes. However it does provide a mechanism for the ISP to charge me for internet usage.

--
Best Regards:
                      Baron.