Re: Hantek

I bought a Hantek a few years back. Was going to go with a Rigol, but

>overheard a couple of men at a hamfest talking scopes and they said the >Hantek was a better scope.

I think you'd best delete that comment before JL reads it. ;)

--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant. He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I don't think JL has issues with Rigol vs whatever. I have a Rigol DS1054Z and have hacked it to turn on all the options. It reports itself as a DS110

4Z (100 MHz version). The case does not need to be opened so the tamper sea l is intact. It's a lot of scope for $350. Display freeze between triggers is very helpful when sorting out serial data transfers. Its decoding of the serial stream is also useful.

Merry Christmas

Reply to
stratus46

out serial data transfers. Its decoding of the serial stream is also useful.

Some of the electronics comming out of China is a lot for the money. One reason given for the Hantek was it had a larger screen. Very helpful it you turn on the on screen measurments.

I don't know about other digital scopes as I have not used any, but my only complaint so far is that if doing an XY display the circle and other paterns just do not work or show up as clear as they do on the older analog scopes.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

And then there's the gold standard of digital scopes. The HP infinium. I have one in my shop I acquired for next to nothing.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

No argument here if one has the gold, or as in your case acquire it for next to nothing.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery