Re: completely nonserviceable power supplies

Just what does this thing put out in volts and amps ? How many

> supplies does it have ? As far as I know a router has no motor or > anything (well that kind of router), what could it possibly need > that's so hard to come by ? > > If all it is is like 5 volts. plus and minus 12, maybe a 3.3, why not > use a PC power supply ? What the hell is it about this things that it > can't ? > > J

I agree. Can you determine where your voltages need to be and just "insert" them from a known good supply? The equipment shouldn't care where the DC comes from as long as it's there. Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

yes and no. I could run it forever with jumper cables to another power supply, but that's not acceptable in a datacenter.

the unit has been trashed, I kept the blowers though. Chinese fans apparenly outlast chinese power supplies.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader wrote in news:jou0iv$42t$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com:

understandable,....power supplies take a lot more stress. ;-)

OR,the fans follow the KISS principle of engineering....and the Chinese PS follows it too far. ;-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I guess to be fair, the fans are from NMB, and they know bearings.

Lite-on makes third rate keyboards, cdroms and apparently power supplies.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader