Re: Advice on iPhone for friend

In , JF Mezei suggested:

> Yet, any Android phone that runs the Google camera app has the same >> portrait mode. It's just done differently but the end result is the same. > > This is where "qualitative" comes into play. Often, the Apple side of > the fence has a less "amazing" implementation but what it does, it does > it better. Android tends to be first with many features but implemented > with less quality.

That is a reasonable statement. But is it correct?

I only speak facts. And I'm very reasonable since I'm a logical thinker.

Most iOS users appear to be so inextricably emotionally attached to whatever the Apple Marketing Machine tells them to think, that their own words indicate that they can't even think facts on their own.

Contrary facts seem to befuddle them. But the Apple Marketing Machine message soothes them.

So, maybe it is true that the Apple portrait mode ends up with superior results in the final form (that is, in the photo itself).

Maybe it is true. But maybe it's not true.

Has *anyone* shown facts either way in this thread (or in the thread dedicated to this topic)? Nope.

So everyone is just guessing.

What we need is very simple, since it's a fact that both Android and Apple iOS phones have portrait mode.

We need to find a reference that does a blind test of the results. It's pretty easy to do the test.

  1. Person 1 shoots a set of portrait mode photos with iOS.
  2. They shoot the same set using Android under the same conditions.
  3. A different person, a digital photo expert, compares the results

It's a simple test to run, and, depending on the conditions and the expertise of the digital photo expert, they can pronounce whether there is any meaningful difference in the quality of the results.

It's a valid question. Does anyone have a pointer to such a reference?

Reply to
Tomos Davies

The Troll is back. Please don't feed the troll.

Reply to
pfjw