RCA vertical IC

I am trying to locate a replacement vertical IC for an RCA model F32665

- chassis CTC203CH3. The IC is a TDA817. I have located a TDA8170, but I'm not sure if this is the same component. I have been told that some RCA components can only be purchased by RCA through an authorized service center, which I am not. Hoping someone here has some info about this for me. Thankyou group.

Reply to
Golf

Search for TDA817 here

and see if you can id the part. They list 10 or so different types, might find it here.

Reply to
Scott Lane

The 4 numeral choice is the more likely.

Reply to
ian field

Thankyou for the reply, but I would like to know a more definite answer before purchasing the IC. Thanks again.

Reply to
Golf

Can also go to partstore.com enter Brand and Model number and get a list of parts available. Look thru the list for a vertical IC. Can also look at similar models and look thru the parts list. Once you ID the part you can shop around for the lowest price, usually at electronix.com

Reply to
Scott Lane

Look at the data sheet for the different TDA817x Look for one with the right package style, then check the pinouts and see if they match up too, Vcc etc.

Reply to
Scott Lane

Reply to
Vince