RCA Model F32718 Shuts Down

Set powers up with high voltage and shuts down 3 times. Power button again cycles 3 times, but later the set power up and play the rest of the day. Chassis is ATC113CB1 Any ideas?? Flyback?? Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@brightok.net

Reply to
Mr. Lee

Do an ESR check on all the capacitors in the power supply, horizontal output sections, and in the protection circuits. You will find a fair amount of them having too high an ESR.

--
Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg       GLG Technologies GLG
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jerry G.

HUH? This is really new set, ATC113 chassis came out last year, based on CTC203 with number of changes to it.

The 3 strikes and out usually is caused by bad flyback but your works fine afterwards, I would suspect looking in I2C bus realated stuff start with I/O & PIP module card.

ATC113 service manual is a MUST. The signals paths winds back and forth through this PIP/AV module twice. I really cussed at it.

Oh, FIRST PLEASE check that small coil on a rod that goes between horizontal transformer driver and base of the horizontal transistor (HOT) has glue removed and soldered. This also causes 3 strikes and out if just right. Yes, there was few ATC113s with this glue on this coil like the CTC203 commonly has on L14401.

Cheers,

Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Reply to
Mr. Lee

Not much on the RCA model F32718 here. My son has one that just died. Press the power button, the LED blinks couple of times, and it goes out. I have not taken the back off yet t look, I wanted to gather ideas on what to look for first. This glue coil is the first thing on my list, anything else? TVs are not m specialty, computers are. No sound, no video, no relay clicking, n nothing but a blinking LED. Processor board or something

--
bomberbob
Reply to