RCA G35302wk - power switch broken - need repair advice

I just started looking at a an RCA TV that would not power up. I read a troubleshooting summary somewhere recently that described how someone had found their power switch was broken. I managed to remove some screws so that I could pull the face plate forward. And I can now see that the power switch does indeed look like it is broken and no longer physically reaching the circuit board. So I would like to replace that part. (Or I may try to repair it - as was described in the link I read, if I can find it again.) So I have two questions.I could use help with:

  1. I can only pull out the top part of the frame. The bottom seems to be stuck - even though I have removed the same screws on the bottm. It's almost as if it is connected to the speaker cloth of the speaker board below. I didn't see any other obvious screws and figured it was best to ask others for help before I try to 'force' it free. I will need to get it free in order to disassemble the power switch.

And 2, where can I order the switch - if I can not find the repair advice? (something about soldering an extension to the switch where it broke.

thx - robert

Reply to
Robert Gray

Does the set operate with the remote? If so the most economical repair would be to simpally use the remote. If this is unacceptable send me the Chassis # along with mo# & iI will attempt to locate a part # for you snipped-for-privacy@corrwireless.net

Reply to
radiotech