RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed

I've got one of these old classic 45 RPM record players, but I need some parts for it. Anyone have any idea where I might look (besides Ebay!)?

Many thanks.

Lakeside

Reply to
me

Hello,

If you need electrical parts, a general service supplier like MCM electronics

is a good source. They might have some belts and stylus (needles) as well.

If the unit is a tube type, then Antiques Electronics Supply

is a good choice.

Mechanical parts will be tougher.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

second hand shops, flea markets, boot fairs, municipal waste dumps, etc....you may find a simlar unit to cannibalise. New parts for old record players, unless things like belts and styli , are hard to get.

-B.

Tim,

This is just the player--no amp or anything electrical beyond the motor and cartridge. Unfortunately, my need is for mechanical parts--the plastic top mechanism for the spindle, and probably some idlers and other drive parts. I'm sure they're WAY dried out by now.

I did look on Ebay, and there are several for sale. Even saw a supplier with after-market cartridges to upgrade one's old player. May have to resort to buying another one, provided it's working.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Lakeside

Reply to