RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed

I've got one of these old classic 45 RPM record players, but I need some
parts for it.  Anyone have any idea where I might look (besides Ebay!)?

Many thanks.

Lakeside

Re: RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed

Hello,

    If you need electrical parts, a general service supplier like MCM
electronics (www.mcmelectronics.com) is a good source.  They might have
some belts and stylus (needles) as well.

    If the unit is a tube type, then Antiques Electronics Supply
(www.tubesandmore.com) is a good choice.

    Mechanical parts will be tougher.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Re: RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed
Tim,

This is just the player--no amp or anything electrical beyond the motor
and cartridge.  Unfortunately, my need is for mechanical parts--the
plastic top mechanism for the spindle, and probably some idlers and
other drive parts.  I'm sure they're WAY dried out by now.

I did look on Ebay, and there are several for sale.  Even saw a supplier
with after-market cartridges to upgrade one's old player.  May have to
resort to buying another one, provided it's working.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Lakeside

Re: RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed

second hand shops, flea markets, boot fairs, municipal waste dumps,
etc....you may find a simlar unit to cannibalise. New parts for old
record players, unless things like belts and styli , are hard to get.
-B.

Site Timeline