RCA 25" Model F25652BL No Video, But Has Menues

Hi again, I have a 25" RCA Stereo Monitor TV that I am playing with now. It has no source video, just black screen, but the audio is fine and the menu functions show on the screen if I press the menu button. You see the audio bar too, if the audio is adjusted. The channel shows up as well. I don't know if the same problem is there for the Video in, as I cannot select that function without the remote.

I do not have the remote right now, but I'm checking with the person who gave it to me to see if they still have it.

Any ideas to get me started om this one? It's a nice TV and I'd like to get it going for my games room.

Extra info: Service code F25652BL JX1, Chassis CTC187AB, Built May 1995

Thanks,

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

I started experimenting with a universal remote and I found that if I have video going in the video in, it will display that picture, scrambled when video is selected and when the tv should be in RF reception. I cannot get a stable pic to display at all, it looks like the horizontal is way off and has several images displayed on the screen. Even the menus are messed up when video is coming into the set.

I have found on the net about something to do with the Eprom losing it's settings and having to be replaced if the horizontal goes wonky. The info was very sketchy.

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

The set did have the Eeprom corruption problem. I got the data from a fellow on the net, removed the chip from the set, put a socket back in for it, reprogrammed the chip using my universal super pro programmer, and away it went. I also touched up the area under the RF sheild to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks RJ, for the Eeprom data!

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim